Welcome to Global Connections

Welcome to Global Connections, the official blog of Global Connections International, On the Journey to the Ends of the Earth, Inc. The main purpose of this blog is provide our readers with vital information about our events, ministry opportunities around the world and to serve as an advocate for the most disadvantaged and voiceless people locally, regionally, and abroad. Our headquarters are located just three miles from the Kennedy Space Center at the Florida's Space Coast. It is our prayer, you will be blessed and encouraged as you read all the information we provide. Thank you and many blessings.

In His service,

Rev. José C. Hernández, Jr.
President

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Told You So; The Hardest Words Not To Say By: Chaplain Christine De Jesús

Although we live in a society that moves faster than it should, we have adapted to making split second decisions. We have also adapted to having multiple choices, and it is what we do with those choices, what matters. In recent days a dear friend of mine was incarcerated. Having literally played with his life, and with the law, since the age of 14, made this of no surprise. My friend is 39, and soon will turn 40, while in jail; with the possibility of spending 10 to 15 years for his wrongdoing. The injustice here is that it doesn’t matter the result of his trial, in the final analysis he will miss out on the birthday of his kids, holidays, family get together’s, and this will probably be the catalyst that his family finally needed to lose the house, leaving his children homeless. Of course there is nothing that I can do, otherwise I would have, but the truth of the matter is that I feel bad him. The other night while in prayer, I was trying to intercede for this person, and his children. Those that know me know that I am in a constant conversation with God. No, not because I am good, but because I need HIM, desperately. As I was praying for my friend, and looking and the "Domino Effect" that this will have in his life, the Spirit moved me to realize that many of us have been spiritually incarcerated, and didn’t even recognize it. Even worse than that, how many of us are trapped, and chose to ignore it. So I stopped my prayer for him, and started to request God’s will for his life. Unfortunately I had to remove myself from the situation, for it was causing me grief and pain. As always, my parents were gracious enough to step it. I was challenged by the Spirit of God to pray for those that are surrounding me, and unknown to them, are living in a spiritual jail of sorts. Please don’t get me wrong, out-bound missions is super important, but it is time that we recognize the in-bound missions, if improved, will by default, improve out-bound missions. My friend is, right now, a captive audience, and has made a decision for Christ, one more time. Having been a Chaplain at the Sanford Jail since 1987 my Dad, Pastor Sonny, has seen just about everything. In the many years that he has been there, only four people have told him that yes, they are guilty. Everyone else has had a great reason and/or explanation for how they ended up there. It is sad. At one point, during one Service, my Dad had three generations in the same room. Sad it is. When I saw my friend, through the little television monitor, awkwardly talking on the nasty smelly phone, I had to use every single cell in my body in order not to say: I told you so. To my surprise he said, "my parents told me, your parents told me, you told me, even God used to make me feel nervous when I was doing something wrong." I was surprised to hear that come out of his mouth, and I’m glad that I didn’t say a word to prompt him either. As prayer goes, even when praying for others, God brings healing in the midst of it. The healing that The Father allows is like no other, for it penetrates the heart, it discerns the thoughts, and it makes us realize, once again, who is in charge. As I go through my daily routine, I frequently thing about my friend, and consider all of the times that we shared long talks about the Word of God, and in a sense, I am heartbroken. By the same token, I believe that Father God has placed him in there, to keep him alive and well, giving him a chance to re-think his choices. To God’s glory, my friend has done so. Today, as you say your payers, please stop for one moment and think of those around you that are in a spiritual jail. They too need Christ, yet we seem to ignore the fact, and seem to ignore HIM. God cannot be ignored... So the next time that you have 30 seconds to make a decision, stop! My Dad says that when one is in doubt, one should postpone that decision for three months, by then the choice will be clear, or it would have gone away. Daddy is a very wise old man. And of all of the choices that you will be given, remember that there is only one way, and that is through the Son, Jesus the Christ. Don’t do something that will prompt a loved one to say: I told you so, the hardest words to say, when one truly loves.
Thanks for reading,
Receive all of my love,
Chaplain Christine De Jesús

No comments:

Post a Comment