Welcome to Global Connections

Welcome to Global Connections, the official blog of Global Connections International, On the Journey to the Ends of the Earth, Inc. The main purpose of this blog is provide our readers with vital information about our events, ministry opportunities around the world and to serve as an advocate for the most disadvantaged and voiceless people locally, regionally, and abroad. Our headquarters are located just three miles from the Kennedy Space Center at the Florida's Space Coast. It is our prayer, you will be blessed and encouraged as you read all the information we provide. Thank you and many blessings.

In His service,

Rev. José C. Hernández, Jr.
President

Friday, October 22, 2010

Let's Get Ready Now!!!

A couple of weeks ago, the Rev. Aileen Walther, an Ordained Deacon with the Episcopal Church in Central Florida and Professor of Religions at Valencia Community College went to an event in Texas that had as a purpose the mobilization of the Christian church toward ministering Muslim people. This is what she shared with me:

"Gospel for Muslims was a program I decided to attend because I teach a course on different religions at a community college. Little did I realize how much it would open my eyes to the power of the Christian faith to transform those of a different faith. Being raised in the American Foreign Service, I was taught to respect each culture and religion and those who follow them, even if I might be in a different place and have made different choices. This was an eye-opening experience for me. I saw a woman completely covered in black cloth tell her story. As her story progressed, she through aside this clothing and everyone in the large auditorium saw a beautiful woman revealed before us all. The power of her belief was so strong, she put aside culture and her faith in Christ shone bright for all to see. She showed me how little I have truly proclaimed my faith. I will not make that mistake again."

What you just read above is the reality for millions of Christians in North America. We love to attend to church on Sundays and enjoy a worship service according to our traditions. However, we forget the many people that are having a different spiritual experience. Muslims, Buddhists, Taoists, Hinduists and many other forms of worship are practiced by people from all walks of life and cultural backgrounds. The question I have for you is this; Do you feel theologically prepared to speak and defend your Christian faith in the midst of so many other voices calling up for people with problems, addictions, and brokeness.

I personally believe this is the time for the church in North America to rise for the ocasion not just in Asia, or North Africa, but her, in our own neighborhood and backyards. We need to get prepared, I need to get prepared knowing their believes, culture, and traditions in order for us to contextualize the Gospel to them. Moreover, we must understand from top to bottom their religion in order to have a fair debate and proclamation opportunity . It is my prayer, all of us have a solid understanding of the different Muslim social groups in order for us to have

It is my prayer that we can understand the urgency of this message and get ready for some missional work In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment