Welcome to Global Connections

Welcome to Global Connections, the official blog of Global Connections International, On the Journey to the Ends of the Earth, Inc. The main purpose of this blog is provide our readers with vital information about our events, ministry opportunities around the world and to serve as an advocate for the most disadvantaged and voiceless people locally, regionally, and abroad. Our headquarters are located just three miles from the Kennedy Space Center at the Florida's Space Coast. It is our prayer, you will be blessed and encouraged as you read all the information we provide. Thank you and many blessings.

In His service,

Rev. José C. Hernández, Jr.
President

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Our God Is An Awesome God. By Chapalin Christine De Jesús

As if coincidences did take place in our lives, Mom just called me to let me know that my cousin Miriam, having recently moved here from PR, has found a Home Church under the care of Pastors José & Ada Hernández, in Titusville. I laughed. Pastor Hernández was one of the leaders during our recent Visionary Trip to the beautiful Republic of China. Our God is not a god of coincidences; HE is very much in control of every situation, even ones that we consider small. The meeting needed no human prompting, for it was guided by the Spirit of the Lord, and when that happens, there are simply no mistakes. This makes me stop and take a look back, at the so many times that “little miracles” have taken place in my life. Actually, when I really stop and take a closer look, I stand corrected, a miracle is a miracle, and there is no such thing as a little miracle. God is good, and God is in control, and if we allow HIM to be in charge of our walk, our ways, HE will take care of our paths. Yes, there is much that we do not understand; I’m one that loves to have these huge long conversations with God. They usually go like this: But, God, blah, blah, blah. But, God, blah, blah, blah. But, God, blah, blah, blah. Since when is God in need of giving me any explanations on anything? All I need to do is read The Book, jump to the end of it if I want, so that I can find out what happens at the end, and all of my answers are there. Okay I’ll give it to you; there is still plenty that remains a mystery; however we have a promise. The promise is that when we see HIM face to face, we will have the greater understanding. I’m hanging on steadfast to that one, and I tell HIM: Lord I want to see you! Oh, yes, and one more that helps most everyone…God wants obedience, not sacrifice. I’ll give you the next one too, sometimes obedience feels like sacrifice, but look at a child under the care of a loving parent, and all of your reservations on this one will fade away. So here is God, again, being a sovereign God, taking charge, and assuring me that he will take care of mine. What a wonderful feeling to know that when one prays for our loved ones, our prayers are heard and the Good Lord takes care of them, and will surely meet us at our place of need. You see, my cousin Miriam just had her Dad pass on to be with the Lord, a man of God; and she needed a place to keep her busy working for HIS Kingdom, and here is the Lord, answering yet one more prayer. God is good, God is good, God is good! Did I say that enough times? God is good. Big items, small details, God is in control of one, when one surrenders. The invitation is to surrender and allow The Master to take control and guide one’s path; for HE will never leave us of forsake us, or make a mistake either… Our God is an awesome God.
Thanks for reading,
All of my love,
Chaplain Christine De Jesús

No comments:

Post a Comment