Welcome to Global Connections

Welcome to Global Connections, the official blog of Global Connections International, On the Journey to the Ends of the Earth, Inc. The main purpose of this blog is provide our readers with vital information about our events, ministry opportunities around the world and to serve as an advocate for the most disadvantaged and voiceless people locally, regionally, and abroad. Our headquarters are located just three miles from the Kennedy Space Center at the Florida's Space Coast. It is our prayer, you will be blessed and encouraged as you read all the information we provide. Thank you and many blessings.

In His service,

Rev. José C. Hernández, Jr.
President

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Holy Spirit vs. Ignorance, Who Shall Win?

Holy Spirit vs. Ignorance, Who Shall Win?

By Chaplain Christine De Jesús

The other day I was a participant of one of the current Internet based social networks, and one status update caught my attention. Actually, it caught the attention of my eye, and it caught the attention of my heart and soul. It did so much so that I memorized it and repeated prayers all day long.

A lifelong friend stated: "Dear Lord, today I return to the doctor for all of my test results, I'm tired of being sick, please make every single test come back positive. When I look at the paper let everything say, positive, positive, positive. Amen."

Well, having had a career in management of a medical office, for 18 years, has afforded me some basic medical knowledge. One of those being that a "positive" test result is not good at all. What is a good report is when one looks down the row and sees all "negative" across the border. As the prayer for my dear friend, and her ailments, intensified and I grew anxious, in comes the manifestation of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit of God. Here I am praying to the Great Healer, trying to correct my friend's prayer, and here is the Great Healer, setting, yet again, my path straight before me…

As the Miracle Worker that HE is, the Good Lord brought Scripture to mind, giving me that wonderful Peace that HE promised us.

"In the same way, the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans." ~Romans 8:26

So here I am trying to take-on the world of my dear friend, when the Great Comforter was already interceding for us (her & I) through wordless groans. So, again, it is not about me, or the knowledge that I have, or the knowledge that I do not have. It is about HIM, and knowing HIS Word, so that in due time, the task that was began in me, will be completed. The Word is amazing, and will never return void. Greatness, I need not right any wrongs! Holy Spirit vs. ignorance, Holy Spirit wins, and I need not worry, for HE comforted me. Amen!

Thank you for reading.
All of my love,
Chaplain Christine De Jesús

No comments:

Post a Comment